A PRESS STATEMENT BY AKWA IBOM DESERVES THE BEST (ADB) ON THE ARREST OF MR MICHEAL ITOK ON THE ORDERS OF GOVERNOR UDOM EMMANUEL.
We sincerely thank you the Press for the tireless and patriotic part you have played since the arrest of Mr. Michael Itok by the Department of State Security ostensibly on the orders the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, which sad event took place on the 7th October 2019 and his subsequent secret arraignment in Court on Tuesday, 26th November 2019. Being the fourth estate of the realm, we appreciate your enormous efforts as shown in your various reportage.
ADB is the largest umbrella group of all conscious political support groups in Akwa Ibom State established to unite, interact on pertinent burning issues confronting our State and nation at large. it is a deliberate umbrella of vibrant and proactive citizens of Akwa Ibom and Nigeria focused on reawakening and emancipating the good people of Akwa Ibom from an insensitive and reckless government. Today, we are here fully conscious of our sacred responsibility to our State and her citizens and therefore see it as a necessity to let the whole world know our stand. We, therefore, wish to state as follows:
(1) That Mr. Michael Itok is an indigene of Akwa Ibom State and also a member of ADB and as such does not deserve the unwarranted torture meted out to him since he was abducted on the orders of Governor Udom Emmanuel.
(2) That we are aware of the secret plot of the Governor to ensure Mr. Itok is sent to jail and does not regain his freedom.
(3) That, if Mr. Itok had published falsehood against the person of Gov. Udom Emmanuel, the government under the administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel should do well to state the correct facts regarding the said publication or seek redress in a civil suit.
(4) That the hierarchy of ADB will deploy every arsenal within the ambit of the law to ensure justice prevails and Mr. Itok regains his freedom and reunited with family members and friends.
(5.) We are also very aware of the life-threatening conversation between Gov. Udom Emmanuel and Mr. Itok on the day he was whisked by the DSS.
We, therefore, charge all citizens of Akwa Ibom State to remain calm, law-abiding and go about their daily endeavors without fear of molestations and intimidation while we are expecting justice to take its full and unfailing course.
Hon. Mfon Jones Andy
Akwa Ibom Deserves The Best (ADB)
- Breaking News: Supreme Court Barred Governors From Sacking Elected LG Chairmen And Councillors
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONING
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita Enang
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – Akpan
- RE: A REQUEST TO INTERVENE FOR ME AND AKWA IBOM APC IN THE SUPREME COURT: DESPERADOS IN HIGH PLACES