The Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 election in Akwa Ibom State, Obong Nsima Ekere, has congratulated the Bayelsa Governor-elect, Chief David Lyon, on his victory at the polls.
In a congratulatory message to Chief Lyon on Monday, Obong Ekere described his victory as well-deserved, stressing that it was the triumph of the people’s will in Bayelsa State.
He urged Chief Lyon to use the people’s mandate, on assumption of office, to tackle Bayelsa’s myriad of challenges, particularly abject poverty which, according to him, was an irony considering the state’s massive oil wealth.
Obong Ekere also congratulated the APC family in Bayelsa State for kick starting the take-over of the SouthSouth zone by the progressives.
He lauded the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), security agencies and the Bayelsa electorate for ensuring the smooth and successful conduct of the election.
Obong Ekere particularly praised the INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner for Bayelsa State, Pastor Monday Udo Tom, for his non-partisan conduct of the election.
He noted that Pastor Tom’s exemplary conduct was in sharp contrast to the conduct of his Akwa Ibom State counterpart who was blatantly biased against the APC in the 2019 elections.
Obong Ekere expressed confidence that the Supreme Court will soon nullify the fraudulent governorship election in Akwa Ibom State and order a rerun election.
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONING
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita Enang
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – Akpan
- RE: A REQUEST TO INTERVENE FOR ME AND AKWA IBOM APC IN THE SUPREME COURT: DESPERADOS IN HIGH PLACES
- A'IBOM APC: Gagging Free Speech And Hounding Critics Of Government