The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress (APC) winner of last Saturday’s governorship election in Kogi state. The Returning Officer for the election and Vice Chancellor of ABU, Prof Ibrahim Garba who announced the results awhile ago said, Bello polled 406,222 votes to defeat his main challenger, Engr Musa Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who got 189,704 votes.
He said Bello having certified the requirements of the law has been declared elected and returned as winner of the election.
By Itodo Daniel Sule, Lokoja
- Breaking News: Supreme Court Barred Governors From Sacking Elected LG Chairmen And Councillors
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONING
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita Enang
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – Akpan
- RE: A REQUEST TO INTERVENE FOR ME AND AKWA IBOM APC IN THE SUPREME COURT: DESPERADOS IN HIGH PLACES