A 10 day free medical outreach commences today, 4th November 2019 – 14th November 2019 in Ukana (Essien Udim LGA), Nsit Ibom, Mkpat Enin, Ikot Abasi and Mbo Local Government Areas.
DAY 1 – VENUE :
Cottage Hospital, Ukana, Essien Udim LGA.
The turn up for the free medical outreach was impressive as patients suffering from different ailments thronged the venue for free medical care.
Addressing the patients and newsmen, Mrs Ruth Nkereuwem – A medical volunteer espoused the essence of the program for participants in the program. She reiterated that creating awareness on drugs application, how to access health facility within their vicinities, discouraging them from using patent medicine without doctor’s/pharmacist’s prescription. She emphasized on the importance of professionals in medicare/diagnoses.
Free treatments which includes:
1) Free minor surgical operations – Hernia, lipons, hydrocele, appendicitis etc.
2) Dental care
3) Eye care
4) Diagnostic Services e.g HIV Tests Services ( HTS), Packed Cells Volume (PCV) and Random Blood Suga.
5) Hypertension, malaria, diabetes, sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s) and Gastro Intestinal Disorders.
The program is sponsored by Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and implemented by ANTOF RURAL RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (ARRDEC).
Trained Doctors, pharmacists and nurses were on ground to diagnose and administer drugs to all the patients.
The exercise to be continued tomorrow and people are invited to avail themselves of this opportunity
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor Elect
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The State
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In Agriculture
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi Poll
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss