The Federal Government is set to train no fewer than 45,000 youths in different vocational skills in the Niger Delta region of the country.
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON, disclosed this when the Niger Delta Agitators Network (NDAN) Abuja Chapter, led by Safety Braye Samuel Numonde paid a courtesy call on the Ministry on Thursday 24th, October 2019 in Abuja.
The Minister said that Federal Government cannot change the region unless it ensures that money meant for the Region is spent judiciously on the development of the region.
He therefore charged the Group to agitate for uncommon development. Akpabio promised to work with the Group to create economic activities for export and local consumption.
Senator Akpabio noted that the Ministry is planning to work with International Partners to make the Niger Delta Region a theater of development through the Post Amnesty Initiative (PAI). He charged all ex-agitators to become “Community Watchmen” and ensure that their complaints are coordinated through the appropriate quarters.
Sen. Akpabio said the Ministry is planning to train 18,000 youths in different vocational skills with the National Directorate of Employment (NDE). He also disclosed that the Ministry is partnering with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Entrepreneurship Programmes and NDE to train at least 27,000 people in the region.
Speaking further, Senator Akpabio said that he has directed the NDDC to move to their permanent site by next year. Adding that the Government is prepared to work with all stakeholders in the Niger Delta Region to ensure that there is sustainable peace and development.
In his remark the Minister of State, Senator Omotayo Alaosadura described the group as one of the saviours of the Niger Delta region, by bringing peace to the region. He charged the group to work with the Federal Government for an all-inclusive development of the region.
Earlier the leader of the Group, Safety Braye Samuel Numonde, said that the Group is here to partner with the Ministry in Community Sensitization on the need for systematic sustainable development and bridge the gap between the Federal Government and the Niger Delta people.
According to Safety Braye Samuel Numonde, the Group is prepared to work collectively with the Government to actualize the vision of President Muhammdu Buhari’s Administration. He expressed confidence in both Ministers on Human Capital Development and youth empowerment.
- Ekere sympathizes with NUJ, deceased familiesThe Akwa Ibom State Candidate of All Progressives Congress in the … Read more
- Enang condoles with NUJ over death of four journalistThe Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Niger … Read more
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONINGOne of the greatest writers of our time, Charles Dickson, once … Read more
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita EnangThe Senior Special Assistant to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, … Read more
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – AkpanA lawyer, Imo Akpan Esq, gives an insight into the arrest … Read more