The Chairman, House Committee on Federal Judiciary, Hon. Onofiok Luke, has said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) wanted to expel him for supporting the candidature of Femi Gbajabiamila as Speaker, House of Representatives.
He made this known while speaking to youths during the DARE conference organized by YouthHub Africa held in Abuja.
The conference sought to foster collaboration between African youths, the government and the civil society to work together towards realizing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and had in attendance youths from across the country.
According to him, he believed in the capability of the Gbajabiamila and thus raised the motion for his nomination.
He further urged the youths to vie for political positions in the country while revealing how he was able to surmount his challenges when he began his political career.
Onofiok who is the immediate past Speaker of Akwa Ibom House of Assembly said the older generation would always want to prevent the younger generation from taking over.
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor Elect
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The State
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In Agriculture
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi Poll
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss