The media has been awash in the past few days with unverified allegations of contract inflation by the Coordinator /Special Adviser to the President on Amnesty, Prof. Charles Quaker Dokubo over inflated the contract sum to the tune of #400,000,000 ( Four Hundred Million Naira ) meant for empowerment of Niger Delta Women in Coastal Fishing.
Citizens Quest like other groups and individuals read with dismay the allegations and what seemed like evidence through her social media platforms sent by concerned citizens, but decided to pay a visit to the Amnesty Office to search for the truth with verified information. This is to put on a scale the allegations against the claims of the Agency.
Consequent upon the above, the team led by it’s National Coordinator, Oby Ndukwe met with Prof Charles Dokubo and his Media Aide, Murphy Ganagana who laid bare all the process and documents involved in the said controversial Contract.
- The Contract sum is #400,000,000 @#4,000,000 per Delegate for 100 delegates ( VAT inclusive ). This amount per delegate includes:
- Training and Mentorship, Accommodation, Feeding, Transportation, Land Acquisition for building of Storage and Preservative facilities, Professional fees for Trainers and Mentors, and take off Cash for the Trainees.
- An Outboard Engine ( Yahama 8HP engine ), Small Fiber Fishing Boat, Fishing net, Rope for Net, Fishing Hooks, Rope for Hooks, Marine ropes, Life ring, Life Vest, Fire extinguisher ( 5kg ), Paddle, Fire Bucket.
Our findings so far reveal that there is no such amount of money for the Procurement of olden wooden canoes and paddles.
According to the Amnesty Boss, the profit from the Contract is little or nothing compared to the aporoved standard for the Award of such contracts.
“Here, no contractor can reap a profit of more than 15% of the total contract value”, Dokubo said.
But, it doesn’t end here, Citizens Quest will further visit the various areas and delegates to actually ascertain the position of things and how the delegates feel about the program.
JoinUs as we continue in our search of the Truth.
- RE: EFCC SET TO PROBE NSIMA EKERE OVER 65B WATER HYACINTH CONTRACT
- Udom Emmanuel Should Emulate Attah, Akpabio In Doing Federal Roads – Ita Enang
- Guber Race: APC Lists Amaechi, Akpabio,Nsima And Ors In Campaign Council
- Nduetong Oku-Ibiaku Uruan-Ekritam Abandoned Project.
- PDP AND ITS HACKNEYED EATING HABIT!