President Muhammadu Buhari through the office of Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio, has given full assurance to partner with Citizens Quest, a fact finding NGO in the Niger Delta region.
This was made known when the leadership of the organization paid an unscheduled visit to the Hon. Minister in his office in Abuja on Wednesday 11th September, 2019.
The President of Citizens Quest For Truth Initiative, Adaoha Oby Ndukwe led other members of the NGO for the visit. The Minister who rose from a meeting of Directors in his Ministry in preparation for FEC tomorrow was amazed seeing the team in his office. After a brief introduction of the group and its mandate to the Minister by the President Chief Oby, the Minister who couldn’t hold his joy requested for the Independent reports of the NGO. He promised to read it by himself and implement some of the recommendations stated in it.
Sen. Akpabio also informed CQ that he’ll begin on the spot assessment tour of the Niger Delta Region next week and Citizens Quest will be a part of that tour. Consequent upon this, The Niger Delta Minister requested for more information from the NGO to be submitted to him on or before Thursday.
The meeting though brief was result oriented. The Senator had a photo session with the group members, while he was presented with a congratulatory card from CQ on his appointment as Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Breaking News: Supreme Court Barred Governors From Sacking Elected LG Chairmen And Councillors
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONING
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita Enang
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – Akpan
- RE: A REQUEST TO INTERVENE FOR ME AND AKWA IBOM APC IN THE SUPREME COURT: DESPERADOS IN HIGH PLACES