All Progressive Congress (APC), Akwa Ibom State Chapter yesterday, reacted to the biased judgment delivered by Justice Jennifer Ijohor on APC Petitions.
In a release signed by the State Youth Leader of the party, Comrade Ntukekpo, it reads:
“TEXT OF PRESS CONFERENCE BY COMRADE STEPHEN NTUKEKPO, STATE YOUTH LEADER, ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC), AKWA IBOM STATE ON TUESDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER, 2019.
We, the youths of the All Progressives Congress APC, Akwa Ibom State, have converged today, the 10th of September, 2019 in Uyo the State capital to express our dissatisfaction over the judgment so far delivered in the National/State Houses of Assembly elections petition tribunal II in Uyo headed by Justice Jennifer Ijohor.
We utterly frown at the lopsided, biased and the inconsequential judgement delivered by Justice Ijohor on four of the cases brought before the tribunal she chaired, we are however not surprised since we had earlier perceived and in fact posited clearly a number of parameters which were carefully crafted by the PDP to handcuff justice in connivance with His Lordship.
Firstly, we knew the political peculiarity of our dear state and the possibility of some of the judges being compromised due to pressure from those who are all out to subvert the voice of justice. Of course, it’s no longer news that their manipulative machinations have screwed the judgements so far delivered.
Secondly, at the initial stage of the tribunal, we raised alarm of Justice Jenifer Ijohor’s connivance and intimacy with the PDP, a Judge whose husband is the current Secretary to the Government of Benue State, which, of course cannot dance to the tune of justice except that played by the PDP. We did this so as to put to a check, biases in the process of and miscarriage of justice. A case similar to this happened and it involved the President, Court of Appeal, Zainab Bulkachuwa, whose husband is the current Senator under the APC platform. The PDP expressed a similar concern of the possibility of biased judgment, and Justice Bulkachuwa honourably recused herself in the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal. But in Justice Ijohor’s case, she chosed to ignore several pleas by Akwa Ibom State Chapter of APC. The results is obviously evidenced in her judgments, which, of course are predicated solely on ill-will and outraged anger.
At the end of an exhaustive deliberation, we hereby make the following resolutions;
(1) That we, the youths of All Progressives Congress APC, Akwa Ibom State, reject in totality the skewed judgements delivered by Justice Jenifer Ijohor. Her marriage to the current Secretary to the Government of Benue State, Prof. Ijohor (SAN) who is also a PDP stalwart has rendered the four (4) judgements delivered so far by her panel non-credible.
(2) That it is crystal-clear even to an ordinary man that her recently delivered judgements are clear indications of a deep rooted hatred for the APC in solidarity with her Party, the PDP.
(3) That Justice Jennifer Ijohor’s action against the APC and the generality of Akwa Ibom people is a bold attempt at rendering the President Muhammadu Buhari’s committed fight against corruption counter-productive.
(4) That the recent biased judgements delivered by the Justice Ijohor led-panel are unacceptable to Akwa Ibom APC Youths as they reflect injustice to our people:
(a). Certificate forgery/Falsification of Age:
The case of a PDP Candidate that forged WAEC Certificate, having two birthdays and committed penury.
(b). Established Clear case of over voting and electoral malpractices.
(5) That the National Judicial Council, NJC, Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, President, Court of Appeal and every other stakeholder in the Judiciary arm of government should rise up to their responsibility and put a check on Judges in the likes of Jennifer Ijohor as their actions and collaborations with the PDP led-government in Akwa Ibom State could dent the image of this hallowed institution which is the last hope of the common man.
(6) That His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Chairman, APC and other stakeholders of the ruling party should not sit back to watch this injustice done yet again on the APC family in Akwa Ibom State.
(7) That having expressed full confidence in our judicial system and having also been aware of a window for appeal, we hereby advice and encourage all our candidates who filed petition at the Justice Jennifer Ijohor’s led-panel to approach the Appeal Court for redress.
(8) That we use this medium to re-echo our unwavering position to insist on a sound and credibly delivered judgement, based on unassailable evidence presented before the Panels.
We thank the APC family and the entire Akwa Ibom people for their understanding and patience as we continue to have confidence in the Nigerian Judiciary System in hope that Justice will be done.
Comrade Steven Ntukekpo, APC State Youth Leader, Akwa Ibom State Chapter
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGER DELTA: Sen. Akapbio Visits Nkpolu-Rumuigbo Junction.
- Just In: Police Nabs Serial Killer In Port Harcourt – Uyo East West Road
- Tantrums Of Politically Disorderly Persons, PDP
- Oil Producing Communities Appreciates President Muhammadu Buhari
- Kwara Governor, AbdulRazaq Appoints 26-Year-Old Corps Member As Commissioner