The Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Osogbo, Osun State, has declared the State Assembly Election for Obokun State Constituency on conclusive.
Olatunbosun Oyintiloye of the All Progressives Congress had challenged the victory of Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Adewumi Adeyemi in the election.
The panel said the petitioner established over voting in four units and cancelled elections in those units.
It subsequently declared the results of the poll inconclusive and ordered for rerun in the units.
The panel, however, upheld the election of Mulikat Abiola of APC, who was returned as the lawmaker representing Ifelodun State Constituency.
The panel said the petitioner, Hazzim Abioye of PDP failed to prove allegations that the respondent did not resign her appointment in Michael Opara University, Umudike before contesting the poll.
~ Friendly News
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGER DELTA: Sen. Akapbio Visits Nkpolu-Rumuigbo Junction.Another achievement recorded by Citizens Quest… Barely 2 months after … Read More
- Just In: Police Nabs Serial Killer In Port Harcourt – Uyo East West RoadThe notorious serial killer, Gracious David West was today September … Read More
- Tantrums Of Politically Disorderly Persons, PDPThe Governorship Elections Petitions Tribunal shall deliver judgement in the … Read More
- Oil Producing Communities Appreciates President Muhammadu BuhariLETTER OF APPRECIATION TO THE PRESIDENT BY THE LEADERS/YOUTHS OF … Read More
- Kwara Governor, AbdulRazaq Appoints 26-Year-Old Corps Member As CommissionerKwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has surprised many political observers … Read More