The Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Osogbo, Osun State, has declared the State Assembly Election for Obokun State Constituency on conclusive.
Olatunbosun Oyintiloye of the All Progressives Congress had challenged the victory of Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Adewumi Adeyemi in the election.
The panel said the petitioner established over voting in four units and cancelled elections in those units.
It subsequently declared the results of the poll inconclusive and ordered for rerun in the units.
The panel, however, upheld the election of Mulikat Abiola of APC, who was returned as the lawmaker representing Ifelodun State Constituency.
The panel said the petitioner, Hazzim Abioye of PDP failed to prove allegations that the respondent did not resign her appointment in Michael Opara University, Umudike before contesting the poll.
~ Friendly News
- Ekere sympathizes with NUJ, deceased familiesThe Akwa Ibom State Candidate of All Progressives Congress in … Read more
- Enang condoles with NUJ over death of four journalistThe Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on … Read more
- HON. BASSEY ETIM THE HERO OF ZONINGOne of the greatest writers of our time, Charles Dickson, … Read more
- UFOT EKAETTE WAS A PATRIOT – Senator Ita EnangThe Senior Special Assistant to the President on Niger Delta … Read more
- Continuous Detention Of 21-Year-old Over Alleged Injurious Facebook Posts Against Gov Udom Is Overkill – AkpanA lawyer, Imo Akpan Esq, gives an insight into the … Read more