Deceiving Udom is now an immediate business opportunity for his legal team
“The APC has failed to establish any case in the matter, so the petition against the election of Gov. Udom (PDP) should be struck out”
The statement above is credited to the Lead Counsel to Deacon Udom Emmanuel, Chief Assam Assam, SAN.
The unfounded statement is not just to deceive the remnant supporters of the deacon but a prima facie bait for the stranger Governor. The strategy is to make sure Udom spends extravagantly going forward in the hope that there would be a super man outing for him and his legal team. A business opportunity for Udom’s lawyers.
Anyone without the knowledge of background to the case before the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal may be vulnerable to the lies expressed in the Counsel’s statement aforestated. The fate of our Lagos based Governor is in distrusting silk.
The principal witness of the 2nd Respondent (PDP), Sen. Ibok Essien,
had adjudged the March 9, elections to be the freest and fairest ever in the history of the state, yet under cross-examination, he couldn’t locate his name in the voters’ register for his area despite his admission of accreditation and voting.
It is important to point out that contrary to the confidence cloned in the Counsel’s statement, the respondent’s lawyers have made a shambolic representation before the tribunal evident in the quality of witnesses paraded to defend INEC’s fraud of March 9, 2019 Guber elections.
Gov. Udom, in his defence brought before the tribunal; it was evident that witnesses who were either not accredited to vote or whose names were not even in the voters’ register despite ineligibility, admitted to have voted for Deacon Udom.
List Of Udom’s Witnesses Who Were Not Accredited But Voted
- RW 8 – Mr Ime Umanah, Ukanafun
- RW 9 – Akpan Monday
- RW 10 – Iboro Joseph Ikanna, Ukana Ikot Essien, Essien Udim
- RW 11 – Ubong Augustine Isang, Ukpomawana, Ikono
- RW 12 – Samuel Bassey Nyong, Nsit Atai
- RW 14 – Wilfred U. Okon, Ibikpe Village, Uruan
- RW 15 – Etim Essien Ukim, Edok Oruko, Urue Offong
- RW 16 – Aniefiok Ekerefre, Anua, Uyo
Witnesses Not In Voters’ Register
- RW 7 – Ubong Jonah, Ibesikpo Asutan
- RW 13 – Uduak Akpan, Edemeya, Ikot Abasi
- RW 23 – Sen. Ibok Essien, Ikot Ekpene
Though ironic but logically true that all the respondent’s witnesses added to the petition life.
Fact is, it was already late when INEC the 3rd respondent suddenly realised that ‘bringing more witnesses was not going to help their case’.
Election petition tribunal, an extention of the judiciary would be committed to justice as much as continue to remain the hope of an ordinary Nigerian.
Institutions of state such as INEC cannot by allowed to commit a crime that is not just treasonous but a threat to democratic values.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGER DELTA: Sen. Akapbio Visits Nkpolu-Rumuigbo Junction.
- Just In: Police Nabs Serial Killer In Port Harcourt – Uyo East West Road
- Tantrums Of Politically Disorderly Persons, PDP
- Oil Producing Communities Appreciates President Muhammadu Buhari
- Kwara Governor, AbdulRazaq Appoints 26-Year-Old Corps Member As Commissioner