The Akwa Ibom State candidate of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in the March 9,2019 governorship election, Obong Nsima Ekere said that the essence of him and his party being at the state governorship election petition tribunal is to seek justice for the entire Akwa Ibom people and to set good electoral and judicial precedents in the country.
Speaking to news men through his lead counsel, Barr. J.S. Okutepa SAN after the court session on Tuesday August 26, Ekere opined that the electoral process start with accreditation and end with declaration and return, and that if one of the process misses,the process cannot be said to be valid.
“What took place in Akwa Ibom State on March 9,2019 did not followed INEC guidelines and known electoral act and principles.”
“We came to the tribunal because Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC),a supposed electoral umpire, decided to be partisan. Accreditation of voters is the first foundation any election rest on, and was not carried out by them during the election.Our problem is not who they (INEC) declared as the winner of that election. Our problem is, how did the person so declared emerged.”
“It may interest you to know that we have tendered certified true copy of INEC documents.We did not get them from the moon.We got them from INEC.In law, documents speak for themselves. We have tendered those documents before the Lordships at the tribunal. It is on this premise that we want justice in this case because we came for justice”.
“We have proven our case of violence, thuggery, substantial non-compliance with known electoral laws and INEC guidelines beyond every reasonable doubt, and the tribunal needs to dispense justice without fear or favour”.
According to Ekere,” justice precedes judgement. The tribunal should not go for judgement; but justice”.
- RE: EFCC SET TO PROBE NSIMA EKERE OVER 65B WATER HYACINTH CONTRACTOur attention has been drawn to a deliberate falsehood cooked … Read more
- Udom Emmanuel Should Emulate Attah, Akpabio In Doing Federal Roads – Ita Enang…lauds Buhari for refunding N78b to Gov Emmanuel The Senior … Read more
- Guber Race: APC Lists Amaechi, Akpabio,Nsima And Ors In Campaign CouncilThe National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress … Read more
- Nduetong Oku-Ibiaku Uruan-Ekritam Abandoned Project.By fair judgement of the masses, Deacon Udom led government … Read more
- PDP AND ITS HACKNEYED EATING HABIT!Following the unfavourable judgements of the National Assembly Elections Petitions … Read more
- Abuja High Court Restrains Police From Arresting Leo EkpenyongA Federal Capital Territory High Court has granted an order … Read more
- Ritman Staff Groan Over 6 Months Unpaid SalariesAs Senator Ibokessien acknowledges N150m debt, contradicts self in court… … Read more
- OBA Weeps As Appeal Court Sets Up New Panel To Hear The Petition Of Bassey EtimBarely few hours to judgement on a case filed by … Read more