Former National Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Muhammad Attahiru Jega and other prominent Nigerians have agreed together to reposition the People’s Redemption Party, PRP.
In a statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary of PRP, Abdul Gombe, said Professor Jega is to chair the SWOT analysis Committee of the party.
According to the statement, the SWOT analysis committee would critically examine the strength of PRP, its weakness and the opportunities available to the party as well as threats to its existence and well-being.
It further said, “The PRP at its 62nd National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting held on June 22nd in Kaduna decided to set up a 3 (three) committees to review the performance of the party in the 2019 general election with a view to repositioning the party for better performance in facing new challenges of Nigerian politics.
“On the basis of a critical analysis of this, the committee made up of some of the best intellectuals in Nigeria will recommend to the party, strategies to adopt for its survival and growth.
“The three committees according to the statement are; The SWOT Analysis Committee, Mobilisation Committee, Finance and Funding Committee.
“Membership mobilisation committee chaired by person who has been in the PRP for 41 years is to examine and advise the party on how best to grow its membership using the best ever methods bearing in current voters demography in Nigeria.
“Finance and funding committee whose membership has business persons will examine current financial status of the PRP and existing funding methodologies as put in the party’s Constitution and suggest how best to make the methodologies work as well as new ways of raising funds to make it a financially stable party with a sustainable operation.”
Other persons that made up the three committees included, publisher and chairman of the Trust Newspapers, Malam Kabiru A. Yusuf, Prof. Momodu Kashim Momodu, Dr. George Kwanashie, Comrade Ayo Sando, Dr. Obi Osisiogwu, and Prof. Nath Abraham.
Others were; Alhaji Sule Mohammed, Alhaji Abdul Gombe, Comrade Olajideh Wolimoh, Alhaji Musa Maigari, Rev. Emmanuel Aniebet, Mr. Malu Timothy Terzungine, and Alhaji Mohammed Bulama.
The rest committee members were; Alhaji Falalu Bello, Barrister Hajiya Aisha Dankani, Mr James Magit, Alhaji Haruna Buhari, Mr. Jag Mulya, Alhaji Rabi’u Garba and Alhaji Umar Chikere.
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor ElectThe Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in … Read more
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The StateThe member representing Ini State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom … Read more
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In AgricultureThe University of Uyo Alumni Association has honoured the former … Read more
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi PollThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Yahaya Bello … Read more
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming LossThe APC, Bayelsa State Chapter has accused Gov Dickson of … Read more
- South-South APC Debunks Festus Okoye’s Statement On Bayelsa Governorship pollThe South-South Zonal office of the ruling all Progressives Congress … Read more
- Breaking News: I Never Prayed Court To Nullify Bayelsa Primary – Sen LokpobiriFormer Minister of State for Agriculture, Heineken Lokpobiri, has said … Read more
- Court Slams Busola Dakolo with N1m Fine Over Rape Allgations Against Pst. FatoyinboA Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court sitting in Bwari … Read more