Former National Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Muhammad Attahiru Jega and other prominent Nigerians have agreed together to reposition the People’s Redemption Party, PRP.
In a statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary of PRP, Abdul Gombe, said Professor Jega is to chair the SWOT analysis Committee of the party.
According to the statement, the SWOT analysis committee would critically examine the strength of PRP, its weakness and the opportunities available to the party as well as threats to its existence and well-being.
It further said, “The PRP at its 62nd National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting held on June 22nd in Kaduna decided to set up a 3 (three) committees to review the performance of the party in the 2019 general election with a view to repositioning the party for better performance in facing new challenges of Nigerian politics.
“On the basis of a critical analysis of this, the committee made up of some of the best intellectuals in Nigeria will recommend to the party, strategies to adopt for its survival and growth.
“The three committees according to the statement are; The SWOT Analysis Committee, Mobilisation Committee, Finance and Funding Committee.
“Membership mobilisation committee chaired by person who has been in the PRP for 41 years is to examine and advise the party on how best to grow its membership using the best ever methods bearing in current voters demography in Nigeria.
“Finance and funding committee whose membership has business persons will examine current financial status of the PRP and existing funding methodologies as put in the party’s Constitution and suggest how best to make the methodologies work as well as new ways of raising funds to make it a financially stable party with a sustainable operation.”
Other persons that made up the three committees included, publisher and chairman of the Trust Newspapers, Malam Kabiru A. Yusuf, Prof. Momodu Kashim Momodu, Dr. George Kwanashie, Comrade Ayo Sando, Dr. Obi Osisiogwu, and Prof. Nath Abraham.
Others were; Alhaji Sule Mohammed, Alhaji Abdul Gombe, Comrade Olajideh Wolimoh, Alhaji Musa Maigari, Rev. Emmanuel Aniebet, Mr. Malu Timothy Terzungine, and Alhaji Mohammed Bulama.
The rest committee members were; Alhaji Falalu Bello, Barrister Hajiya Aisha Dankani, Mr James Magit, Alhaji Haruna Buhari, Mr. Jag Mulya, Alhaji Rabi’u Garba and Alhaji Umar Chikere.
- IGINI IS AUDACIOUS, SHAMELESSWe have been jolted to the realization that Mr. Mike … Read More
- Killing Of Priest: Ugwuanyi, Security Agencies, Others Pledge To Apprehend CulpritsGovernor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, heads of security agencies, … Read More
- News: Former INEC Chairman, Jega Joins Political PartyFormer National Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor … Read More
- Blame INEC, Igini For Non Accreditation Of Voters In Nsit Atai – Udom WitnessAs more revelations continue to thrilled the March 9, 2019 … Read More
- ATIKU’S UNRELENTING APPEAL TO EMOTION: A GAMBIT DOOMED TO FAILFirst, it was laughable, now it gets progressively pitiable, to … Read More
- No One Can Threaten Buhari With Impeachment Under Our Watch – Omo-agegeThe Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, on Thursday, said … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom: Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom. Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' … Read More