As more revelations continue to thrilled the March 9, 2019 governorship election in Akwa Ibom State, Gov. Udom Emmanuel’s witness, Mr.Samuel Bassey who is the 1st Respondent Witness, expressed surprise concerning how the election was conducted without accreditations.
Bassey, 1st Respondent witness agent for unit 01, ward 6, in Nsit Atai LGA, said this during cross examination by Obong Nsima Ekere and All Progressives Congress (APC) counsel, Prof Ernest Ojukwu SAN. He averred that election took place in his unit and other units in the ward.
But when INEC Certified True Copy (CTC) of voters registers of his unit and all units in his ward were shown to him that confirmed that there was no accreditations in all the units in his ward. He exploded in anger “INEC chairman and commissioner in the state must tell us why there was no accreditation in all the units because I witnessed the accreditation”. He vented his anger on INEC and Mike Igini, Akwa Ibom State Resident Electoral Commissioner for not making sure that proper accreditation took place in his ward.
The tribunal adjourned to August 20,2019 for continuation of defence by the 1st Respondent.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGER DELTA: Sen. Akapbio Visits Nkpolu-Rumuigbo Junction.Another achievement recorded by Citizens Quest… Barely 2 months after … Read More
- Just In: Police Nabs Serial Killer In Port Harcourt – Uyo East West RoadThe notorious serial killer, Gracious David West was today September … Read More
- Tantrums Of Politically Disorderly Persons, PDPThe Governorship Elections Petitions Tribunal shall deliver judgement in the … Read More
- Oil Producing Communities Appreciates President Muhammadu BuhariLETTER OF APPRECIATION TO THE PRESIDENT BY THE LEADERS/YOUTHS OF … Read More
- Kwara Governor, AbdulRazaq Appoints 26-Year-Old Corps Member As CommissionerKwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has surprised many political observers … Read More
- Judicial Misstatement: Akwa Ibom Tribunal Goofed By Imo E. Akpan EsqThe National and State Houses of Assembly Petitions Tribunal sitting … Read More