As more revelations continue to thrilled the March 9, 2019 governorship election in Akwa Ibom State, Gov. Udom Emmanuel’s witness, Mr.Samuel Bassey who is the 1st Respondent Witness, expressed surprise concerning how the election was conducted without accreditations.
Bassey, 1st Respondent witness agent for unit 01, ward 6, in Nsit Atai LGA, said this during cross examination by Obong Nsima Ekere and All Progressives Congress (APC) counsel, Prof Ernest Ojukwu SAN. He averred that election took place in his unit and other units in the ward.
But when INEC Certified True Copy (CTC) of voters registers of his unit and all units in his ward were shown to him that confirmed that there was no accreditations in all the units in his ward. He exploded in anger “INEC chairman and commissioner in the state must tell us why there was no accreditation in all the units because I witnessed the accreditation”. He vented his anger on INEC and Mike Igini, Akwa Ibom State Resident Electoral Commissioner for not making sure that proper accreditation took place in his ward.
The tribunal adjourned to August 20,2019 for continuation of defence by the 1st Respondent.
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor ElectThe Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in … Read more
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The StateThe member representing Ini State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom … Read more
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In AgricultureThe University of Uyo Alumni Association has honoured the former … Read more
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi PollThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Yahaya Bello … Read more
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming LossThe APC, Bayelsa State Chapter has accused Gov Dickson of … Read more
- South-South APC Debunks Festus Okoye’s Statement On Bayelsa Governorship pollThe South-South Zonal office of the ruling all Progressives Congress … Read more