Witnesses presented by Governor Udom Emmanuel at the Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Uyo, on Thursday, admitted that there was no accreditation in their respective polling units.
The four witnesses however noted that they voted during the election.
Mr. Christopher Ukpong, a polling agent of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Oruk Anam Unit 9, Ward 10, told the Tribunal that though he voted during the election, but deflected blame on no accreditation to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
‘My lord, it was INEC’s responsibility to do accreditation. I don’t know what happened”, he declared.
Other witnesses concurred the stance of no accreditation in their respective polling units.
They are Mr. Mbet Essien, of Nsit Ibom Ward 007, unit one; Uduak Essien, Ukanafun collation agent (Ward 7, Unit 004) and Attah Akrang, Ward Collation Agent for Edem Eya Ward 3 of Ikot Abasi LGA.
Gov. Emmanuel’s Lead Counsel, Assam Assam SAN prayed for adjournment.
Presentation by the defense team continues tomorrow, August 2, 2019.
- IGINI IS AUDACIOUS, SHAMELESSWe have been jolted to the realization that Mr. Mike Igini the Resident Electoral Commissioner … Read More
- Killing Of Priest: Ugwuanyi, Security Agencies, Others Pledge To Apprehend CulpritsGovernor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, heads of security agencies, religious leaders and other relevant … Read More
- News: Former INEC Chairman, Jega Joins Political PartyFormer National Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Muhammad Attahiru Jega and other … Read More
- Blame INEC, Igini For Non Accreditation Of Voters In Nsit Atai – Udom WitnessAs more revelations continue to thrilled the March 9, 2019 governorship election in Akwa Ibom … Read More
- ATIKU’S UNRELENTING APPEAL TO EMOTION: A GAMBIT DOOMED TO FAILFirst, it was laughable, now it gets progressively pitiable, to see and hear efforts by … Read More
- No One Can Threaten Buhari With Impeachment Under Our Watch – Omo-agegeThe Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, on Thursday, said the era where President Muhammadu … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom: Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' Counsel opposing an application by … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom. Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' Counsel opposing an application by … Read More
- Udom’s Witness Feigns Blindness, Wets His Clothes.Mild drama ensued at the Akwa Ibom State Governorship election tribunal in Uyo on Friday … Read More
- Ex-Council Vice Chairman Fumbles In Dock During Cross Examination.Witness for the first respondent Mr. Udom Emmanuel by name "Ubong Effiong Jonah", who happens … Read More