Witnesses presented by Governor Udom Emmanuel at the Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Uyo, on Thursday, admitted that there was no accreditation in their respective polling units.
The four witnesses however noted that they voted during the election.
Mr. Christopher Ukpong, a polling agent of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Oruk Anam Unit 9, Ward 10, told the Tribunal that though he voted during the election, but deflected blame on no accreditation to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
‘My lord, it was INEC’s responsibility to do accreditation. I don’t know what happened”, he declared.
Other witnesses concurred the stance of no accreditation in their respective polling units.
They are Mr. Mbet Essien, of Nsit Ibom Ward 007, unit one; Uduak Essien, Ukanafun collation agent (Ward 7, Unit 004) and Attah Akrang, Ward Collation Agent for Edem Eya Ward 3 of Ikot Abasi LGA.
Gov. Emmanuel’s Lead Counsel, Assam Assam SAN prayed for adjournment.
Presentation by the defense team continues tomorrow, August 2, 2019.
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor ElectThe Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 election in Akwa … Read more
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The StateThe member representing Ini State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. … Read more
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In AgricultureThe University of Uyo Alumni Association has honoured the former Speaker of Akwa Ibom State … Read more
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi PollThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress … Read more
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming LossThe APC, Bayelsa State Chapter has accused Gov Dickson of making unguarded and spurious statements … Read more
- South-South APC Debunks Festus Okoye’s Statement On Bayelsa Governorship pollThe South-South Zonal office of the ruling all Progressives Congress wishes to inform members of … Read more
- Breaking News: I Never Prayed Court To Nullify Bayelsa Primary – Sen LokpobiriFormer Minister of State for Agriculture, Heineken Lokpobiri, has said that he never asked the … Read more
- Court Slams Busola Dakolo with N1m Fine Over Rape Allgations Against Pst. FatoyinboA Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court sitting in Bwari has dismissed the suit filed … Read more
- Garlands For A Roguish UmpireThe Nigerian Electoral Act 2010 as amended presumes that results declared by INEC are deemed … Read more
- NDDC FREE MEDICAL MISSION: Turning Dreams Into Pleasant Realities In Mbo LGANDDC Free Medical Mission has turned dreams into realities according to the patients and less … Read more