The office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has confirmed that a junior member of one of the Election Tribunal panels sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State is being investigated.
The EFCC confirmed that its office received a petition showing video evidence of how a junior member of one of the panels solicited for help for one of the political parties. The video evidence was recovered from the CCTV which serves as a security appliance mounted by the management of a hotel.
An EFCC officer who is privy to the investigation but would not want his name in print, confirmed that the EFCC Chairman has directed some officers to look into the investigation and report to him.
“I can assure you, we have the video evidence and we are analysing it. We will soon call a press conference and let the whole world see what transpired in the video. The principal suspect has been invited sometime last month but his solicitor just informed us that he may not be able to attend the next questioning because of his health condition. But no matter what happens, the Commission will do justice to the all the parties involved”, the officer said, on condition of anonymity, since he is not permitted to speak with the press.
- IGINI IS AUDACIOUS, SHAMELESSWe have been jolted to the realization that Mr. Mike Igini the Resident Electoral Commissioner … Read More
- Killing Of Priest: Ugwuanyi, Security Agencies, Others Pledge To Apprehend CulpritsGovernor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, heads of security agencies, religious leaders and other relevant … Read More
- News: Former INEC Chairman, Jega Joins Political PartyFormer National Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Muhammad Attahiru Jega and other … Read More
- Blame INEC, Igini For Non Accreditation Of Voters In Nsit Atai – Udom WitnessAs more revelations continue to thrilled the March 9, 2019 governorship election in Akwa Ibom … Read More
- ATIKU’S UNRELENTING APPEAL TO EMOTION: A GAMBIT DOOMED TO FAILFirst, it was laughable, now it gets progressively pitiable, to see and hear efforts by … Read More
- No One Can Threaten Buhari With Impeachment Under Our Watch – Omo-agegeThe Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, on Thursday, said the era where President Muhammadu … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom: Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' Counsel opposing an application by … Read More
- Ekere Vs Udom. Tribunal Rejects Udom’s Application For Amendment.Justice AM Yakubu has upheld the objection raised by Petitioners' Counsel opposing an application by … Read More
- Udom’s Witness Feigns Blindness, Wets His Clothes.Mild drama ensued at the Akwa Ibom State Governorship election tribunal in Uyo on Friday … Read More
- Ex-Council Vice Chairman Fumbles In Dock During Cross Examination.Witness for the first respondent Mr. Udom Emmanuel by name "Ubong Effiong Jonah", who happens … Read More