At the resumed sitting of the Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal between the candidate of APC, Obong Dr. Nsima U. Ekere and PDP, Mr. Udom Emmanuel. It was awfully disappointing this morning 29th July 2019, contrary to expection by both the Tribunal and Petitioner, Respondents counsel failed to commence defence as directed by the Tribunal on the last adjourned date.
Assam Assam ( SAN ) Counsel to 1st Respondent informed the Tribunal at commencement of proceedings that he was not ready to commence defence of 1st respondent’s case.
While addressing the Tribunal, Assam looked back making a gesture at the chairman suggesting his team of lawyers were virtually absent from the Tribunal.
He said, “My Lord, my team has been working all through the weekend to assemble the documents we intend to tender before this Tribunal. We intend to tender 1,780 documents. We shall do so through our witnesses and not from the bar. We are yet to complete preparation of the documents. It may be completed tomorrow, Tuesday 30th while we commence our defence on Wednesday, 31st July 2019.
Besides the request for adjournment, Assam Assam ( SAN ) applied for record of proceedings which the Chairman obliged.
Tribunal adjourned to Wednesday, 31st July 2019 at the instance of the Respondents.
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor Elect
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The State
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In Agriculture
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi Poll
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss