The ongoing hearing in the case between Distinguished Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio and Senator Christopher Ekpenyong at the National Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal sitting at Metro Road, Uyo, has been concluded.
When it was the turn of the 3rd respondent to present her witnessses today, surprisingly Counsel to INEC informed the Tribunal that it had no witnesses thus drawing loud laughter in Court. It is strange that (INEC) could not muster a single witness to testify and disclaim the Petitioners’ evidence against the commission and affirm the conduct of the elections.
It’s therefore clear to say that, (INEC) under Mr. Mike Igini has no facts to defend the purported National Assembly Election which took place on 23rd February, 2019, where the 1st respondent Senator Christopher Ekpenyong was declared the winner.
The election has been generally viewed as flawed and tainted with corrupt practices.
The Tribunal Chairman Justice Akanbi today, closed the case for Adoption of written addresses scheduled to hold on 8th August, 2019.
Source: Friendly News
- Ekere Congratulates Bayelsa Governor Elect
- A’Ibom Lawmaker Blast Gov. Udom over Abandoned Road Projects In The State
- A’Ibom Former Speaker Bags Excellence Award In Agriculture
- Just In: INEC Declares APC’s Bello Winner Of Kogi Poll
- APC To Gov. Seriake Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss