The gubernatorial candidate of the APC during the 2019 general elections in Akwa Ibom State, Obong Nsima Ekere, said he rejected the outcome of the election announced by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Ekere said he is aware of several electoral misconducts committed to favour Mr. Udom Emmanuel of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He said “INEC’s declaration wasn’t correct,” as the outcome of the election did not follow the guidelines as stated in the Electoral Act.
Ekere who stated this during cross-examination said: “Election is a process My Lord, a house cannot stand without a foundation. It commences with accreditation to declaration. If one step misses, the process cannot be valid.”
The APC guber candidate accused INEC of colluding with PDP by using registered members of the PDP during the last election to disenfranchise voters in the state.
“In my Local Government, the Returning Officer was a confirmed PDP member who contested the last PDP chairmanship primaries,” he said.
The petitioners closed its case at the ongoing tribunal on Thursday.
The chairman of the tribunal, Justice A. M. Yakubu, adjourned the matter until July 29, for the first respondents to open their defence.
- IGINI IS AUDACIOUS, SHAMELESS
- Killing Of Priest: Ugwuanyi, Security Agencies, Others Pledge To Apprehend Culprits
- News: Former INEC Chairman, Jega Joins Political Party
- Blame INEC, Igini For Non Accreditation Of Voters In Nsit Atai – Udom Witness
- ATIKU’S UNRELENTING APPEAL TO EMOTION: A GAMBIT DOOMED TO FAIL