THERE IS NO ELDER EKEFRE OR UDOM EMMANUEL SUPPORT GROUP
IN AKWA IBOM APC
An advertorial obviously sponsored by the Akwa Ibom State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was published on page 40 of The Nation newspaper of yesterday (Thursday, 28 February 2019). The advertorial was signed by Elder Enefiok Ekefre and was purportedly issued on behalf of “Udom Emmanuel Support Group in the State Chapter of the APC.”
- We want to state categorically that Elder Enefiok Ekefre is not a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom State. He was expelled from the party in October last year for serial anti-party activities . It is therefore a serious criminal act for Elder Ekefre to impersonate the party by parading himself as a member of the state caucus of the party and claiming to be speaking for the APC in Akwa Ibom State.
We would like to recall a few incidents that the party took into consideration in deciding to expel him from its fold. In the build up to the 2015 general elections, Ekefre was entrusted with party funds to finance certain campaign activities. In the end, those functions were not executed . A disciplinary committee of the party, which investigated the matter, found him culpable and recommended sanctions against him. He begged and was forgiven.
In the course of 2018, Elder Ekefre was found to be a mole for the PDP, trading our party secrets for financial benefits. He was also attending PDP meetings in Government House and in the homes of PDP stalwarts.
By offering himself to sign an advertorial purportedly on behalf of our Party, about six months after his expulsion, Elder Ekefre, a 75-year old man, has therefore crossed the line into the crimes of impersonation . We will lodge a formal complaint against Ekefre with the relevant law enforcement authorities.
- We should also emphasize that the recent loss of the presidential election by the PDP has traumatized Gov. Udom Emmanuel to the extent of hiring discredited politicians like Ekefre to malign our great Party. This is effort in futility.
- We once again state categorically that there is no “Udom Emmanuel Support Group” or any splinter group in Akwa Ibom APC. Every claim by Ekefre in this direction is false and totally unfounded.
- All the claims made in the advertorial in question are false, and should be disregarded by members of our great Party and the public at large.
- We wish therefore to call the attention of the Commissioner of Police, Akwa Ibom Police Command, to the nefarious activities of Elder Ekefre.
Hon. Ini Okopido
State Party Chairman
APC, Akwa Ibom State